Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope that everyone has had themselves a good day today and for those of you with a significant other, I truly hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Unfortunately like many other people today, I find myself with no one to share my love with. While that is something that is alright for me, for many today is a day full of contempt or bitterness for being alone. It can be tough being single and alone any day of the year but even more so when love is everywhere you look, see and go. I was sifting through some old poems and I found one I wrote on Valentine's Day a decade ago for a sweet woman who was a little down because she was single on Valentine's. Needless to say, she got a smile and I hope you will too. Have an open heart and be ready for love will find you when you are least expecting it to and if you're heart is closed it may pass you by. 

Happy Valentine's Day

Alone at work you'll sit and stay
As others share this Valentine's Day.
There is no one to send you gifts
And give your day that special lift,
I have not flowers nor any sweets,
So I hope this poem will be a treat;
Cheer you up when you're feeling down,
To make you smile instead of frown.
A special day for lover's all,
Young and old, short and tall.
Do not be worried by love eluding,
But focus more upon the meaning:
It's not a flower, it's not a card
But how you feel inside your heart.
Happy Valentine's Day.

However you spent your day, I hope it was touched by love at least once. And if you're feeling bitter or resentful today because you feel scorned or betrayed, I feel you and I completely understand but your past scars will heal; don't let the wounds of yesterday stop you from finding a love a tomorrow. Stay safe and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment