Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Poetry #7

I enjoy this particular poem because it presents a particular view on the cycle of life I happen to embrace at the moment. We are all together intertwined with the workings of not just our planet and all that exists on it but also with the Universe. We were created from the Universe, why should we not be connected to that which created us? Regardless of your views, this poem offers a positive perspective on existence. I hope you will find enjoyment and contentment from it as I have.

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gently autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

-Anonymous

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment